Willingham, DONT, P/06/15 - 18 rm brick mansion by Levi Powell (apparently incorrect - see Sands below)1870 for Sir JL, renamed Fanecourt by EFM, and Eilyer by ASA. Sutherland, Vic & Met, 11, p 529 Levi Powell did house of Sir James Lorimer at Toorak. (Probably Whernside) HOA, 3/74.Paxton, Toorak, 7 map, no occupant named.Argus, 28 June 1879, p 3. Auction of furniture of W Halliday [who has disposed of the house] at the residence 'Brookong', Toorak Rd, opp Scots Church.S&M 1900 Kinnear, Robert H, 'Brookong House', Toorak RdRobert Sands, Greenwich House Conservation Management Plan, pp.12-16. Site bought by JL in 1868. Probable tender notice is Argus, 27 April 1869, p 3 Leonard Terry tenders wanted for large house in Toorak. Eighteen room brick house in 1870 rate book. Lorimer moved to Belcroft (later Whernside) in late 1876 or early 1877. William Halliday aquired house in Nov 1876 and named it Brookong House. Sold in 1879 to another Riverina squatter Robert Hill Kinnear. Kinnear added servants wing & is believed to added ballroom in 1880s or early 1890s. Purchased by E F Mitchell in May 1914 and renamed Fanecourt [cf Mitchell's previous Fanecourt, East Melbourne]. Sold in 1917 to A S Austin who renamed it Eilyer.Extensive alts and adds by H D Annear. Austin sold in 1936 to Lorraine Investments - renamed Greenwich House. Sold to the C'wealth in 1956. (Now in private ownership).Adams, Family Fresco, p 114. Her father, E F Mitchell, bought the house just before WWI, and they never danced in the ballroom. It is now  called Greenwich, and is hq of the WRANS.